- The biggest clam can grow up to six feet in diameter! What a meal that would be.
- The word "clam" is actually short for a longer Italian word, "clamantino"!
- Did you know that there are more than 7 different varieties of clams?
- Clams are the most salt-succulent of the molluscs, and do not need much/any salt added if you are planning to eat them (which you should)
- Clam trawlers usually trawl in pairs to mitigate risk.
- Finding a boot in with recently-dredged clams is actually a sign of good luck -- this is largely due to the fact that clams have a foot, and the boot is therefore seen as a sacrifice from the clams.
- Clams have a foot, which should be its own fact.
Do you have a fact about clams? Leave a comment!